Tuesday 14 February 2012

Colours

The two colours I have chosen to include in my logo for significant reasons:


Blue












There are many reasons why I have chosen the colour blue to have in my logo, because it is a very masculine colour as I discussed in my earlier post and want it to be suitable for the target audience, its likely the target audience would like the colour blue instead of a different colour lets say pink.


I also chose blue because I remember discussing colour values in a previous lecture saying what colour represents what, and blue may represent itself to be conservative, reliable, corporate and even confident. I suppose it does depend on the shade but thats the sort of image I want to put into peoples heads when they look at the logo to have been sold reliable tyres and conservative something thats going to last them.


Yellow












After looking through many different colour combinations to see which colour may best fit the colour blue to adapt and convey a masculine tyre company logo would be yellow because yellow is such a vibrant colour it may be represented as the colour of energy, intellect, happiness and sunshine. I thought why not add an adjective to the colour blue to constraint a positive organisation so:


Yellow= Positive (Brightness, Happiness, Energy)


Blue= Masculine (Men, Reliable, Confident)


I also like the idea of when you mix both colour together you get the colour Green. Which signifies natural, healthy and positive. "Green to Go" I like the idea that to get to green you must mix blue and yellow so with confidence and all the values blue and yellow signify you conclude with a strong and healthy green.

No comments:

Post a Comment