Sunday 25 March 2012

Live Brief!

Okay I have been given a proper Live Brief, by a cousin who has already started a clothes line but still needs a new logo or A logo, apparently its been on the to-do list for a while now, and so I took the initiative to help and offer my skills to make the final design.

Organisation:

Name: Dilkash

Business: Asian Bridal Clothing Line

Style: Elegant, Bubbly, Feminine

_______________________________________________________


So because its been on the to-do list for a long time the owner already has an idea of what she wants for a logo and what colours she wanted. 

  • Colours, It was difficult but I got her to understand the concept of using just two colours so it helps me and doesn't overcomplicate her logo and she wants  very bubbly feminine colours, when asked she said pink/blue/cyan.
  • Target Audience, when asked she obviously gave me the answer I already knew "for women" but I asked to be more specific we started going somewhere So from her experience its young (middle east/west) asian women. Its a cultural thing that asian women get married at a young age from around 19-25, and asian weddings follow a sort of theme to be bright and to have various traditional colours. So target audience is young asian women. 
  • Brand Values, when I asked her to think about her business the type of clothes with all the different colours and the style she aims for, I asked her to describe her business to me in 3 words that identify her brand values.
Values: Young, Bubbly and Elegant

  • Design, Surprisingly enough she wants her logo to be kept very simple and just stunning just have the word "Dilkash" in a fancy font inside a box. She was very specific because she wants the wedding look of it being simple so it meets a logo for a wedding. So I thought Id try it and see if I can elaborate on it to follow the conventions of the brand values.


______________________________________________________________

To be honest:

I thought it would be a very easy brief following the conventions of a wedding may mean the use of elegant colours such as cream, gold silver or even white, with a very elegant design but this brief seems to be some sort of a challenge to stay simple but yet not so simple and also bubbly. Nothings impossible I like to meet challenges and see where they take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment